Include on first iso: m-a, build essential, kernel headers

I would like to ask why essential packages are not included on the first Debian download cd/iso. I use Nvidia and Atheros wireless, but the packages module-assistant, build essential, kernel headers, wireless-tools etc, are needed for most other graphic, network driver and firmware installations. They are free, do not take up space, but without them (on a wireless only computer) you hit a vicious circle; Needing internet to be able to get internet.

I have backups (via aptoncd) for all of the aforementioned tools and dependencies for Etch, Lenny and Sid. However, I ythink that their inclusion is far more important than, say... renaming Firefox or including Mono in the gnome desktop.

Maybe somebody could explain why they aren't included from the get-go.

Thanks

Richs