Re: [Pkg-xen-devel] Xen status in lenny?

Pasi Kärkkäinen wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 09:24:08AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:

> Xensource has a developer working on getting xen patches ported to Linux
> pv_ops framework and integrated into upstream (vanilla) kernel.

That is, to me, only mildly encouraging.  2.6.18 came out on Sept. 19,
2006, and there haven't been official Xen patches on anything else
since.  I don't know if that programmer hasn't been able to be very
productive, or if Xensource has just recently assigned someone to the
task.  But in any case, it does not speak well of the long-term
viability of Xen.

Not only that, but I like the KVM model of Linux as the hypervisor.  Xen
hypervisor is kinda finicky about hardware; I've had it refuse to boot
properly on Athlon64 machines for instance.

-- John