Re: Debian release versioning

* John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> [080714 17:38]:
> The other option is to have 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.0.2, 5.0.3, 5.1.0, where 5.1.0
> is lenny+1/2.
>
> That probably most accurately reflects what is really happening.

It also has the big advantage of using an already existing versioning
scheme, so less things to explain.

(It has the disadvantage that people might start to call point releases
patch-releases and "and a half" releases minor releases, but I think
that does not really hurt but even might be beneficial).

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link
--
"Never contain programs so few bugs, as when no debugging tools are available!"
	Niklaus Wirth