Re: RFC: Removal of user/groups

On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 04:56:03PM +0200, Carl Fürstenberg wrote:

> I was thinking of the reusability problem, and came up with the following:
> When an user/group is removed, it's placed in quarantine. That ID
> isn't used unless the same user/group is recreated, or that all other
> possible ID:s is exhausted. For most of the time, that would prevent
> an ID to be used for an other user/group.

Not removing the user/group gives you most of the above quarentine
effect, except automatic re-use. OTOH automatic re-use would present
_exactly_ the same issues as normal account removal. So the quarantine
you describe would only help to mask the symptoms but does not provide
any real solution.

                Hungarian Academy of Sciences