Re: Policy or best practices for debug packages?

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 10:06:40PM +0100, Roger Leigh wrote:
> Correct line numbers when dealing with inline templates, for one.
> There were some other niceties, but I can't recall what they were off
> the top of my head.

Sorry, but this is either someone's uncontributed gcc patches, or
(more likely) hearsay.  The difference between -g (same as -g2) and
-g3 is whether .debug_macinfo is generated - debug info for C/C++
preprocessor macros.  It's off by default because the generated data
is huge.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery