Re: Clarify what "sensible behaviour" is for init scripts

2008/7/4 Raphael Hertzog <hertzog@debian.org>:

>> In the above case which is the "bad" init script?:
>
> lighttpd obviously. It's not a sensible behaviour to fail when asked to
> start a service that is already running.
>
>> - lighttpd uses LSB specs.
>
> This seems to contradict what you told us before about what LSB compliant means
> for you. :)

Opssss, sorry, I meant that "lighttpd DOESN'T use LSB specs but Debian specs".

You say that "it's not a sensible behaviour to fail when asked to
start a service that is already running" but this is the default
behaviour of Debian init scripts (dince --oknodo is optional and of
course not always used).

Thanks for your comments. Best regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo