Re: Not stopping daemons, where are we?

In article <[🔎] 20080702173033.GE10858@flik.wdw> you wrote:
> The Debian maintainer for a specific VPN decides it does not need
> special shutdown handling

Nono, thats not my point. My point is, that a maintainer of any package
cannot easyly forsee which part of the system he is using (resolver, pam,
proxy, ..) might depend on a daemon - at a specific user's installation.

The downside might be regular unexpected errors at shutdown like "host not
found". Those should be catched/ignored, but you never know.

This might not be a problem (because I also dont have real examples) but,
then again - its good to talk about it.

Gruss
Bernd