Re: ITP: debian-backports-keyring -- GnuPG archive key of the backports.org repository

> The real issue is not that you [Francesco Poli] were posting without
> disclaimers.

The issue that led to those disclaimers was *exactly* that some
thought Francesco should make it clear he is not speaking officially.

> When someone posts to debian-legal asking for help figuring out if a
> license is ok for Debian main, and you respond saying that it isn't
> because of license feature X; and you are well aware that the
> ftpmasters have previously and consciously accepted other licenses
> into main with that same feature, and have not been swayed by your
> arguments; that's not appropriate.

Perhaps so. But that's not the issue that led to Francesco habitually
appending disclaimers to his messages.

It seems you have some separate complaint, that is unrelated to
whether Francesco appends disclaimers to his messages or not.

--
 \        “Some people, when confronted with a problem, think 'I know, |
  `\       I'll use regular expressions'. Now they have two problems.” |