Samuelson's Law (was: Please focus on one generic spell checker in Debian)

Peter Samuelson <peter@p12n.org> writes:

> [Michael Tautschnig]
> > Debian's Social Contract says that "Our priorities are our users
> > and free software". It does _not_ say that "Debian should tell
> > users what is good". Right?
>
> Would it be appropriate here to propose a corollary to Godwin's Law
> involving the first sentence of point 4 of the Debian Social Contract?
> I can't think of a snappy name for the corollary, though.

It would not be a corollary, since it doesn't follow logically from
Godwin's Law.

Perhaps Samuelson's Law, since you're proposing it :-)

--
 \        “When I was a baby I kept a diary. Recently I was re-reading |
  `\   it, it said ‘Day 1: Still tired from the move. Day 2: Everybody |