Re: Not stopping daemons, where are we?

In article <[🔎] 1214912655.6931.45.camel@flash> you wrote:
> As I understand it, there is nothing magic about the approach taken, it
> just doesn't install the symlinks for rc0.d and rc6.d, and expects that
> the process will be cleaned up. It also reflects this in the LSB
> headers, so systems which use that information should also do the same
> thing.

This is all fine, but what about daemons which have dependencies on remote
filesystems without declaration? Apache comes to mind, which often may run
on a Network filesystem. If killing all processes at the shutdown does not
observe the priority/ordering of the daemons this might kill the filesystem
thread before apache can write out pending data.

Gruss
Bernd