Re: ITP: debian-backports-keyring -- GnuPG archive key of the backports.org repository

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 01:08:30PM -0500, Adam Majer wrote:

> Certainly, the backports.org keyring is useful to some people, *but* it is,
>
>   1. not free software

I don't think there's a legal basis to claim copyright on a blob of random
bytes generated by a program.  Who's the copyright holder?  gpg?  The authors
of gpg?  The person who typed gpg in command-line?  The entropy source?

--
Robert Millan

<DRM> What good is a phone call… if you are unable to speak?
(as seen on /.)