Re: Arch-dependent Depends

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 04:28:28PM -0400, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
>> I maintain a set of packages which depend openmpi which is missing on
>> certain architectures.  To get around the latter problem, I use
>
> I've frequently a similar issues: OCaml programs compiled in bytecode
> depends on C stubs to interface with C libraries, while programs
> compiled in native code relies on the usual shlibs mechanism. The
> dependencies on stubs should be there only on archs where the native
> code OCaml compiler is not available.

Different situation. The ocaml debs have the same depends on every
architecture for the individual deb. They might differ between debs
but not between archs for one arch:all deb.

The problem was an arch dependent depends in the binary deb, not
debian/control. So, while I a nice idea, it is a different problem.

MfG
        Goswin