Re: ITP: debian-backports-keyring -- GnuPG archive key of the backports.org repository

Adam Majer <adamm@zombino.com> writes:

> If backports.org keyring get distributed, then I would argue it allows
> others, non-software data to be packaged as well. For example, some free
> anime movies, or the Gutenberg project packages.
>
> Debian is for *free software* (and some non-free) and stuff that related
> to Debian. It is not for backports.org, or Ubuntu, or some other stuff.
>
> - Adam

I would argue that backports.org, while not official, is verry much
related to Debian and having a secure path to the keyring is to great
benefit to debian users. Such a keyring is also verry small.

Three things you can't say about free anime movies or the Gutenberg
project packages.

MfG
        Goswin

PS: I would prefer if apt-get could fetch and verify keyring updates
directly from a repository though. Keyring packages are awfull for key
rollovers.