Re: Considerations for lilo removal

I demand that Frans Pop may or may not have written...

> William Pitcock wrote:
[snip]
>> With grub being stable and grub2 approaching stability itself, do we
>> really need lilo anymore? It's not even installed by default anymore, and
>> the only systems I have that are still on lilo are installations of
>> Debian I have had since Woody.

> We still very regularly get installation reports where people use lilo
> rather than grub, so it must still have a fairly significant user base. I
> would say that the activity on the bug report shows the same.

FWIW, I use lilo, and I have no plans to change that. I'm not seeing any
problems with it, but then the installed kernels are all locally built and
don't use init{rd,ramfs}.

| + Buy local produce. Try to walk or cycle. TRANSPORT CAUSES GLOBAL WARMING.

A memorandum is written not to inform the reader, but to protect the writer.