Re: Considerations for lilo removal

William Pitcock wrote:

It seems like moving to grub for everything may be a good choice on the
archs where lilo is used.
Lilo has one killer feature that is totally missing from GRUB - the -R option. It allows me to upgrade a kernel on remote servers, knowing that if the upgrade fails, I will get the original kernel after a few minutes without asking a local hand to push the reset button.

Until Grub has something similar, removing Lilo entirely seems like a bad idea to me.

Shachar