Re: How to build only linux-image-2.6.18-6-686

Cyril Brulebois <kibi@debian.org> (13/06/2008):
> Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> (13/06/2008):
> > Ideally the .config files used to build the standard Debian kernels
> > would be available in a light-weight package. I think the only
> > solution currently is to install that package and get the
> > configuration from /boot/config-<version>.
>
> [hackish stuff]

More trivially, the .config are available in linux-headers-*. I guess
they also qualify for the “light-weight” bits, since:
$ for i in headers image ; do \
  apt-cache show linux-$i-2.6.25-2-amd64 ; done | grep Installed-Size
Installed-Size: 8844
Installed-Size: 79736

Mraw,
KiBi.