Re: Packaging a project using cmake

"Mathieu Malaterre" <mathieu.malaterre@gmail.com> writes:

> You need to use cmake 2.6.0 (none of the dpkg-* utils are needed in
> the process).

I believe the current thinking on this is that using the dpkg-* utilities
is required for uploads to the Debian repositories.  Even if you can
duplicate their behavior now, we don't define exactly what they do in
Policy.  Policy just says "use them."  That means that there isn't a
standard to which to write other tools that do the same thing.

(I personally think it would be cool if we had that, in that "it's a lot
of work but being there would be kind of neat" sort of way.)