Re: dbus and initscripts

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 07:34:22PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> - Stuff is broken, and I want to debug. This debugging might involve
>   "stopping and starting services one at a time". The current dbus setup
>   makes this impossible.

Personally, I find the current behaviour useful in the following situation:
More frequently than I would like, something about Gnome is broken:
Nautilus doesn't mount my USB stick or NetworkManager doesn't want to
connect to the WLAN. In those cases, it's convenient to just get things
going quickly by restarting all of dbus.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _
  |_) /|  Richard Atterer     |  GnuPG key: 888354F7
  | \/¯|  http://atterer.net  |  08A9 7B7D 3D13 3EF2 3D25  D157 79E6 F6DC 8883 54F7
  ¯ '` ¯