Re: Mouse configuration during installation needs improvement

Stephen Powell <zlinuxman@yahoo.com> writes:

> Thinkpad 600).  But I'm impressed.  Theoretically, one
> is not supposed to be able to hot swap a PS/2 mouse.
> But it works.  Kudos to the kernel folks.

The problem has never been that the mouse didn't work after a hot
swap.

The problem is that with PS/2 the power surge on the port, as little
as it is, may well fry your mainboard. Obviously in the last 10 or so
years mainboards have become a bit more resilient to this because
people to tend to accidentally pull a mouse cable every now and then
and plug it back in.

MfG
        Goswin