Re: 37.5% boot time reduction in Lenny is possible (recipe)

[Lennart Sorensen]
> Parallel startup actually made a system I work with take longer to
> start up so I certainly turned that off again.

Right.  Are you talking about CONCURRENCY=startpar or something else?
Never seen that myself, so I am curious how you get it.  Could it be
wrong init.d script dependencies in some of the packages you have
installed?  Please provide 'ls /etc/rc*.d/' for the machine in
question, to give me a chance to reproduce this.  What kind of
hardware was this?  Can you provide the bootchart graphs for the
parallel and non-parallel boot?

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen