Re: Bits from the ftp team

On Fri, 30 May 2008, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> On 11401 March 1977, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
>
> >> Some time after this mail we will give a few tasks to those who
> >> volunteer to test their ability and then (maybe) have a few new members
> >> in our team in the not too distant future.
> > I would suggest that developing a patch for
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=457345 would make a
> > good start for anyone who wants to become ftpmaster.
>
> Oh, would you? I would not. Its not "a good start for anyone who wants
> to become ftpmaster"

Would you care to elaborate?

You told me it requires some important changes to dak, and what better way
is there to prove that you're familiar with the code than submitting a
patch for something like this?

> > It's a change that I'd like to have early in lenny+1 so it's probably a
> > good idea to start before lenny's release and setup a test repository
> > before to be able to play with. :)
>
> If *you* want to see it, you should do it.

And in the end I will if nobody else is interested in doing it... but
I hope we can find some goodwill on ftpmaster's side too.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog