Re: Handling of removed packages

* Stefano Zacchiroli [Thu, 29 May 2008 14:18:35 +0200]:

> On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 01:24:59PM +0200, Marc 'HE' Brockschmidt wrote:
> > The probably easiest way would be to make apt whine on all packages
> > that are not available in any version at one of the locations
> > specified in sources.list. This trivial solution sucks, because
> > locally created packages [1] also fall in this category.

> Thinking at why this solutions sucks (it does), it occurred to me that
[snip bit about local packages management]

(In case it isn't obvious, even with dropping local packages from this
category, this solution would still suck, because the admin or user may
want to keep those packages installed, without having to see apt whine
at every invocation.)

Cheers,

Adeodato Simó                                     dato at net.com.org.es
Debian Developer                                  adeodato at debian.org

Love in your heart wasn't put there to stay.
Love isn't love 'til you give it away.
                -- Oscar Hammerstein II