Re: FYI: VCS choice these days

* Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org> [080522 14:36]:
> The large "installed" with low "vote" may be indication that people has
> found some new good alternative for a popular tool of yesterday.
>    (RCS -> DVCS such as git, mercurial, ...)

I think this is only a part of an explanation and more suiteable
for changes in those values, not necessarily for the absolute numbers.
Just being the standard tool will also lower vote/install ratio, as
admins tend to install stuff in advance to not have to care where
and when to install it.
So at least my guess is that while cvs will see a lower vote/installed
rate and lower install rated, git will increase in vote and installed
but the vote/installed rate for git will decrease at same point in the
future, once people consider a usual tool and do not only install it
because they want to use it.

Hochachtungsvoll,
	Bernhard R. Link