Re: Should dpkg-source -x list patches (Re: How to handle Debian patches)

On Sun, 18 May 2008, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

With the 3.0 quilt format, dpkg-source -x will list each patch that it
applies (and since the debian directory is stored in a tarball and not in
a .diff, it always means _real_ changes contrary to the v1 format where we
always see the line "applying ....diff.gz").

Well, I don't know anything about quilt 3.0 and I was actually talking about
packages that do *not* using quilt or any other patch system, but just "hide"
some patches in the diff.gz.  I would like to see dpkg-source -x make some
noise about this fact - actually this idea came to me when you said that your
normally overlook those patches.  So we might nead this feature for all the
packages that *do* *not* use quilt.

And I aczually do not really care whether it is implemented using grep or

lsdiff -z -x '*/debian/*' *.diff.gz or whatever - as long as I get a list of patched files brought up to my
intention immediately.

Kind regards

            Andreas.

--