Re: divergence from upstream as a bug

> BTW, as a side thought, we could have tools that give list of bugs
> tagged divergence which are not forwarded and as the task of forwarding
> those is not really difficult when the patch is well commented, we could
> have many contributors helping us to forward our patches. (Some
> corner-case have to be dealt for example when upstream is dead or has no
> appropriate infrastructure (no ML and no BTS)).

Yes, although one has to be a bit careful about this.  Some upstreams are
land mines and the forwarding of patches has to be done very carefully and
with specific types of justification.  Otherwise, all you get is a rant
about how Debian is breaking their software.  I wouldn't want to subject
someone new to Debian to that (or risk that someone new to that sort of
interaction might make matters worse).