Re: divergence from upstream as a bug

On Sat, May 17, 2008 at 09:38:06PM +0000, Joey Hess wrote:
> Loïc Minier wrote:

> allows solving a large percentage of the requirements, and already
> interoperates with other tools (including upstream BTSes and mailing lists).

  If by "interoperates with upstream BTSes" you mean bts-link, then
it's not interoperation because it's one way, and that there's a world
of difference between tracking a few magic fields (bug status and
resolution for closed states) in a html (or when I'm lucky) xml stuff,
and tracking actual content (like patches, modifications of them, and if
they got merged fully, partially, modified, rejected …) both ways.

·O·  Pierre Habouzit