Re: How to handle Debian patches

Theodore Tso wrote:
> How often is a logical change more than just a single commit?

I think the most common case for me is when I need to bring the change
forward to new upstream versions (with conflicts). In that case, I'll
end up with multiple commits in the VCS hostory for the change.

> So normally I just keep those sorts of changes in the commit header,
> where it is easily and safely bundled with each patch.

Ditto, and if I find that I've needed multiple commits for a logical
change, I break it out into a feature branch at that point.

--
see shy jo