Re: How to handle Debian patches

Le Sat, May 17, 2008 at 11:36:00AM +0200, Cyril Brulebois a écrit :
> On 17/05/2008, Charles Plessy wrote:
> > Other idea: when the package is produced through a workflow that uses
> > debian/patches, shipping them in /usr/share/doc/package/patches.
>
> Do you really want that?
> openoffice.org_2.4.0-6.diff.gz  82,595.1 kB
>
> Not to mention all packages where an autoreconf run is stored as a
> patch, I'm not sure it'll help much to install it on each and every
> system.

Salut Cyril,

obviously, if nobody thinks it is a good idea, I will not go further.
Nevertheless, none of the > 100 packages we maintain in debian-med have
80 Mo of patches, nor do autofoo gizmo through patches instead of using
the autotools-dev packages, but maybe I am mislead by our particular
microcosm...

Bon week-end,

--
Charles