Re: Sorting out mail-transport-agent mess

> On Thu, May 15, 2008 at 11:33:04PM +0200, Sune Vuorela wrote:
>
> > 2) Introduce a default-mta package (currently) depending on exim4.
> > All packages requiring a MTA should depend on default-mta |
> > mail-transport-agent. This will have the extra advantage that we
> > (and others like CDDs and derived distros) easily could swap
> > default MTA.
>
> I believe that 2) is the correct option, and can see no reason that it
> shouldn't be implemented straight away.

If 'default-mta' is renamed to 'sensible-mta' to follow the existing
convention (evidenced by 'sensible-editor', etc.), I agree.

--
 \     "For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, |
  `\                            neat, and wrong."  -- Henry L. Mencken |