Re: Sorting out mail-transport-agent mess

Mike Bird <mgb-debian@yosemite.net> writes:

> All of the MTA's provide mail-transport-agent.  I had assumed that apt
> would choose between them on the basis that exim4-daemon-light is the
> only provider with priority standard, the others being optional or extra.
>
> If apt does not consider package priorities in resolving disjunctions,
> a possible solution would be for apt to do so.

+1

This solution seems superior to my next choice, the introduction of a
'sensible-mta' package (to be used much as the OP's suggestion of
'default-mta').

--
 \       "Ice Water? Get some onions - that'll make your eyes water!"  |
  `\                                                   -- Groucho Marx |