Re: Split a package, rename an init file

On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 09:00:45PM +0200, Bertrand Marc wrote:
> Thanks for your answers!
> So I guess the best way to do this is to split the package and use
> dh_installinit --name=foo
> This way I can provide the buggy binary daemon in a seperate package
> (recommended by foo), and keep the name of the conffiles.
I did something similar for the init script and defaults for shorewall.
I turned shorewall into a dummy package, and then I had
shorewall-common, shorewall-perl and shorewall-shell.  The configuration
files went into shorewall-common, but I kept the files named
/etc/init.d/shorewall and /etc/default/shorewall.

Roberto C. Sánchez