Re: libqglviewer and two versions of Qt.

Hi,

>> So, I believe I need to provide two versions of libqglviewer - one linked
>> with Qt3 and one with Qt4. I have some doubts about the issue and I'd be
>> glad to hear your advice.
[...]
> you can take a look to libavahi, libpoppler or libqwt:
>
> libqwt5-qt3 - Qt3 widgets library for technical applications (runtime)
> libqwt5-qt3-dev - Qt3 widgets library for technical applications (development)
> libqwt5-qt4 - Qt4 widgets library for technical applications (runtime)
> libqwt5-qt4-dev - Qt4 widgets library for technical applications (development)
>
> we have appended qt version to each -dev/lib path packages to make them
> co-installable.

you should also mention that your include directories, library names and SONAMEs
deviate from upstream, which might not be the best thing.

I favor to support Qt 4.x without any SONAME changes etc. Depending on the
particular situation of your package, you should decide whether you want to
support Qt 3.x at all and whether the dev-package should be co-installable. In
this case, you could change the library file name, SONAME etc. just for the Qt
3.x based packages.

Joachim