Re: NMU versioning (was: DEP1: Clarifying policies and workflows for Non Maintainer Uploads)

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> > I want a consistent versioning scheme, thus +nmuX for both native and
> > non-natives packages.
>
> I'd be very unhappy about that. For one, I think using such suffix in a
> field that forms part of users' everyday's life is, uhm, inappropriate
> or disruptive. What do they care if the version is a NMU or not?

Hu? And +dfsg is and +b1 is also inappropriate and disruptive?

I simply don't follow your reasoning here. While most users do not care
about NMU vs non-NMU, I don't think they would be troubled with
the extension... at least not any more than any other extension that
we already use for various purposes.

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog