Re: Please think and test before setting a mailing list as "Maintainer:"

* Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> [2008-04-20 08:25]:

> As a kind of example, let me post what Steve and I did set for the
> samba package maintenance ML, run by mailman:
>
> [snip]

Thanks for the configuration example, it is really helpful.

I also set the following for all mailing-lists-as-maintainers that I
administer at Alioth:

General options ->
    respond_to_post_requests (general):
        Send mail to poster when their posting is held for approval?
	No

This avoids the irritating "your mail has been held for moderation"
notifications.  Note that this works better when the list moderator is
reactive.  We usually have more than one person acting as list moderators.

--
Rafael