Re: intend to hijack GnuPG

(moving to -devel as -release is not meant to be a discussion
list.... Please note this is not directed at your post, which was
appropriate for -release but my comments are IMHO not. CC'ing you in
case you're not subscribed to -devel)

Quoting Laszlo Boszormenyi (gcs@debian.hu):

> Various people can't reach him[2]. On the other hand, he seems to be
> active on Ubuntu[3], he joined to Launchpad security this january at
> least. Moritz Muehlenhoff noted[4] that it should be hijacked and get in
> shape for Lenny. Thus I have created a preliminary package[5] which
> fixes some important bugs and get v1.4.9 to the archive.
> Does the Release Team allow this hijack, should I upload it as an NMU
> instead or just leave it alone?

I think this is a very good initiative. However, I encourage you to
setup a collaborative project for this (on Alioth, with repository,
mailing-list, etc.). Several people have expressed
interest in helping to maintain Gnupg and this is certainly something
that should, from the start, be maintained by more than one person.

Of course, please accept my apologies if that was your intent since
the beginning...:-)