Re: Rejected: epcr_2.3.9-1.dsc: sha1 check failed

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 05:51:48PM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Adam D. Barratt wrote:
>
>> fwiw, this was mentioned in the recent Misc Development News post to d-d-a.
>
> Yes, but I expect an up to date pbuilder to contain everything I
> need.  Thinking about it chances are good that the GPG key is not
> copied to the building chroot and my assumption was just wrong and
> the local devscripts are involved in finally preparing the package.
> I never have really thought about this ...

Signing generally isn't performed in the pbuilder chroot.  The only reason
devscripts would be installed into the chroot is if the package you're
building Build-Depends on it or you explicitly installed it into the chroot.

You're either running debsign on your own after the build is complete or
telling pbuilder to automatically sign the package.  In either case, debsign
is being invoked outside of the chroot in your native environment.  Therefore
you need to make sure you have devscripts 2.10.25 (or your own backport if you
aren't running sid) in that environment.

--
James
GPG Key: 1024D/61326D40 2003-09-02 James Vega <jamessan@debian.org>