Re: GnuPG: Maintainer inactive?

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 02:19:12PM +0200, Kai Wasserbäch wrote:
> on the 1st of April I wrote an e-mail to James Troup offering my help in hunting
> down open bugs which are no longer present an thus enabling him to concentrate
> on packaging GnuPG 1.4.9. But his last action regarding this package is well
> over an year old and the only updates I can see in the PTS were made by the
> Security Team. And before I forget to write it: I didn't receive an answer.
> So my question is: Is James known to be inactive? Are there others currently on
> the task to get a new version (upstream has 1.4.9) into Debian? Is there
> anything I can help (I'm certainly not suitable as a maintainer for that package
> myself, because it's too essential to be entrusted to someone who is unknown to
> (nearly) all people on this list) with, e.g. by triaging bugs?

I guess triaging bugs (i.e. marking bugs which have been fixed upstream
in newer versions as "fixed-upstream" or mention bugs which can be
closed already cause they are fixed in the current version in the
appropriate bug (CCing the submitter, so they can possibly close it
themselves) is always welcome, regardless of any other action or
non-action by the maintainer.

Michael