Re: triggers wishlist

Josselin Mouette wrote:
> On mar, 2008-04-01 at 23:27 +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 11:22:58PM +0200, Josselin Mouette wrote:
>>> Actually, for icons, I’d say that a package shipping a theme should
>>> install a trigger for /usr/share/icons/$theme.
>> Wouldn't that be code duplicated in all theme packages ?
>
> Only hicolor-icon-theme and gnome-icon-theme. Other packages can keep
> the current code.

What do you mean by "Other packages can keep the current code" ?

If gnome-icon-theme and hicolor-icon-theme would ship a triggers file,
none of the (GNOME) applications would then have to call dh_icons
anymore imho (which would also make the recent change to cdbs/gnome.mk
obsolete).

(Given that (GNOME) applications only install icons into either
/usr/share/icons/gnome or hicolor).

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?