Re: changing the default syslog daemon for lenny?

Holger Levsen schrieb:

> Did you file those bugs? Is there a usertag for them?

I tried to collect the information at http://wiki.debian.org/Rsyslog and
started filing the important bugs [1]. The real showstopper bug, which
made rsyslog uninstallable, in the psad package, has been fixed already.

For the remaining ones (changing sysklogd | system-log-daemon -> rsyslog
| system-log-daemon), I wanted to wait until rsyslog is actually
accepted as default syslog daemon

> I'm still willing to help... :) (But as its obvious now, I have lost the
> status on this..)

If the wiki page is missing information, please let me know.

>>> - Document the change by preparing a patch for the release notes
>>> - Get the priorities fixed by a ftpmaster (assistant)
>> Should, I file a lenny release goal first and wait for it's approval, or
>> can I take this thread as consensus that I can pursue changing the
>> default system-log-daemon to rsyslog?
>
> Or was it already too late for this?

Dunno. We should bring this topic up on debian-release I think to get
more input there. If you want to kick of the discussion, please go ahead.

Cheers,
Michael

[1]
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=goal-rsyslog;users=biebl@debian.org