Re: triggers wishlist

Paul Wise writes ("Re: triggers wishlist"):
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 4:25 AM, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
> >  - ldconfig
> >         Seems to be some uncertainty about where it's possible to
> >         triggerize this safely and reliably.
>
> Ubuntu seems to have managed it OK? I imagine it would be a gain for
> slower systems too?

If ldconfig has a working cache now (ie, if the performance is good)
then that is a better answer.  It will be better supported upstream.

Ubuntu did have some machinery for this (#447609 is the patch) but
it was written by me and ldconfig experts (of which I am not one) had
some questionable comments about it.

Ian.