Re: triggers wishlist

Michael Biebl wrote:
[...]
> Add update-initramfs to that list. It can take quite some time to
> regenerate the initramfs. Packages that update the initramfs are e.g.
> udev, cryptsetup or uswsusp, splashy/usplash

*raises hand*

Before it blew up, my old NSLU2 (a 266MHz ARM with 32MB RAM) used to
take 15-20 minutes to run update-initramfs. As the configure stage for
packages requires coddling, since many packages want user intervention,
I couldn't even let it run overnight --- I had to sit and stare at it
while it ran. Multiple update-initramfs calls made me feel practically
homicidal.

│ "I have always wished for my computer to be as easy to use as my
│ telephone; my wish has come true because I can no longer figure out
│ how to use my telephone." --- Bjarne Stroustrup