corrupt zip/tar archives in the repository?

While recursively unpacking source archives in the debian repository
(see [1]), I noticed a small number of packages that contain corrupt
zip/tgz archives.  Logs from unpacking them are available from:

http://josefsson.org/broken-debian-origs/

The error messages are mixed in the output due to different buffering
for stdout vs stderr.  Searching for ' ' helps to find the real errors.

A dd-list of the 14 packages is included below.

Some of the corrupt archives may actually be appropriate.  I could
imagine that a corrupt archive can be included in a package to test
regressions for a compressor, or similar self-test reasons.  However,
that should be the exception, and I think the majority (if not all) of
these packages actually contains unintentionally corrupt archives.

Some of the corrupt archives is the *.orig.tar.gz archive itself, and
before noticing that this was a generic problem I reported this against
the 'e3' package, see
<http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=473092>.

This problem could also be due to bugs in tar, gzip or unzip, although I
find that somewhat unlikely.

I think it would be nice if there weren't corrupt archives in the
package pool, but I'm not sure if others consider this a real problem.

What do you think about reporting these as wishlist bugs?

Thanks,
/Simon

[1] http://git.josefsson.org/?p=debian-rfc-search.git;a=summary

Daniel Leidert (dale) <daniel.leidert@wgdd.de>