Re: Installation of suggested packages: recursive or not?

Le Mon, Mar 24, 2008 at 08:03:27AM -0700, Daniel Burrows a écrit :
>   There could be.  In fact, you can get it now:
>
>   "~Rsuggests:^package$+M"  (the "+M" means "install it and mark it
> automatic")
>
>   On the other hand, resurrecting "--with-suggests" would be a more
> friendly way of doing this.  I think I would add a sanity-check to force
> you to turn on "SuggestsImportant" in the config file first: if you
> don't, the newly installed packages will be unused and the installs will
> be immediately canceled.

Hi again,

on a second thought, I think that it would be better to have the suggested
package installed by --with-suggests to be flagged "manual" than to require
the user to switch the behaviour of the whole system to
"SuggestsImportant".

For my original problem, another solution would simply to provide a
metapackage that recommends the original package plus everything it
suggests.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy