Re: RFC: preventing accidental deletion of system directories

On Sat, Mar 22, 2008 at 09:14:57AM -0400, Roberto C. Sánchez wrote:
> Of course, knowing that I do such things on occasion, I have aliased
> 'rm' to 'rm -i', so it will ask unless I pass '-f' along.

Speaking from experience, this kind of behavior makes people use "rm -f" all
the time, which means that you won't get a warning when you _really_ want it
(for instance, a read-only file).

Security by dialog boxes: It's not the way to go.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/