Re: RFC: preventing accidental deletion of system directories

William Pitcock wrote:

On Sat, 2008-03-22 at 13:51 +0100, Adam Borowski wrote:
To get those Vistaesque questions, "alias rm='rm -i'" is surely not
worth a
package.  It's slightly larger in scope, but only slightly, as
files as root means you mess with system directories, right?

Yes, that's what I mean: what's wrong with making rm -i the default
behaviour? We could do that by simply patching coreutils.

And, after this change, each system script that uses rm will ask user for the confirmation?

Eugene V. Lyubimkin aka JackYF, Ukrainian C++ developer.