Re: [DSE-Dev] Debian refpolicy and core SELinux package update

Hi,

On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 12:52:53 +0100, Václav Ovsík <vaclav.ovsik@i.cz> said:

> I have already some open threads over selinux@tycho.nsa.gov. I hope
> they will continue to some final state.  Maybe the discussion about
> SELinux problems can be managed on
> selinux-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org now.  I'm going to post
> something...

        Well, I do read those lists. But if you see concrete problems
 with Debian packages, or things you wish to be in the Debian ref
 policy, please do continue to file bugs with the BTS; there is less
 chance that anything will be overlooked that way.

> Besides refpolicy, we must consider patching some user tools, so they
> work fine with SELinux.  I think we should adopt some patches from
> Fedora to vim, coreutils,....

        Absolutely. I think there used to be a usertag, with the user
 set to the alioth dev mailing list, that we used to tag bugs with
 selinux patches with so they could be followed. Perhaps it is time to
 resurect that practice.

> It could be annoying to run restorecon after every editing of a config
> file. Also star should be bumped to some newer version, so we could
> have at least one tool capable of backup extended attributes
> (http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=454745).

        Perhaps a wish list bug is in order?

        manoj
--
Don't go to bed with no price on your head. Baretta