Re: disassembling machine code

PETER EASTHOPE skrev:
I have these 5 bytes of machine code to disassemble.

    b8 12 00 cd 10

I've looked at gdb and objdump. Appears they need a complete object file. What tool can disassemble this string?

If all else fails, decode it with your head, maybe? I probably would...

You're giving the bytes, but not saying what kind of CPU it's for. From experience, though, this resembles 16-bit 8086 code. Would gdb or objdump even understand that?

In Intel syntax, I'd guess it means

mov ax, 012h
int 10

which is how you might set 640x480 16-color VGA mode from MS-DOS code. What would it have to do with Debian?