Re: Proposing a new source control header to link to upstream BTSs

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 5:17 AM, Ralf Treinen <treinen@free.fr> wrote:

> > It would be good if this process could be automated, however I suspect
>  > this header is not the solution.
>
>  Granted, but then you are speaking about giving better tool support for
>  manually forwarding bugs, which is not the same thing as automatically
>  forwarding bugs.
>
>  Better tool support would of course be welcome.

As I said in a previous email, I chose the wrong word, when I said
automatically forwarding bugs, I meant being able to instruct the bts
command to forward a bug already in the BTS to upstream, probably
preparing a boilerplate text and firing $EDITOR, etc. What I want to
achieve is having metadata that then can be used by new tools or
augment existing ones.

--
Martín Ferrari