Re: What CDs and DVDs should we produce for lenny?

Hi All,

Steve McIntyre wrote:
Is it possible to create a jigdo image without creating the full
ISO? ie, to go from a list of files you want on the ISO straight to a
jigdo template without the intervening step of actually copying all
the files around?

Oh, absolutely. That's one of the biggest changes I made in
debian-cd/mkisofs to improve performance. However... if we want to
continue providing torrent downloads (which are very popular, I
understand) then we do still need to make the full images too.

Create the full images once, yes -- but store copies on all the mirrors, no. Once torrents get going and assuming they get more seeds out there, then the 'original' source full images could be removed or at minimum kept only on one server.

Kind Regards
AndrewM

Andrew McGlashan
Broadband Solutions now including VoIP