Re: I am confused about configuration files

Artur R. Czechowski wrote:

> Is the only way to make sure that conffiles do not clutter filesystem to
> remove them in maintainer's script on upgrade from previous version?

That's correct. The only way currently to remove obsolete conffiles is
to do it manually in the maintainer scripts [1]

If xserver-xorg doesn't correctly remove the obsolete conffile, you
should file a bug against it (unless there isn't already one).

Cheers,
Michael

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/DpkgConffileHandling
universe are pointed away from Earth?